Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 23:02:08 -0400
From:      Mike Alich <hostmaster@cctinc.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache-jserv port

I am hoping someone has an answer to this problem.  I have written the
maintainer of the apache-jserv port and have not gotten any replies
back.  Maybe someone has used this port before.

I have installed all necessary ports (ex. jdk, jdsk, libtool, apache
etc..) did a 'make install' successfully installed the port.  My only
problems is, how do I implement this into my apache web server?  Usually
when a port is installed it is ready to go with minor configuration.  I
need to know how to I either add this as a DSO or a static link into
apache.  I am running apache-fp 1.3.9.  I have added statically compiled
modules into apache before.  I tried the add_module line (not sure if
that is the correct format) but any ways I added the correct line into
the Configuration.tmpl in the apache source distribution and did the
usual make install.  I get many errors on the mod_jserv.c I added.  My
guess is I am missing libraries. I am not sure what or where to put the
jserv libraries or headers.  Can some that has used this ports please
help me?

I am on a 4 day deadline with a large client that needs this feature on
my server.

Many thanks in advance!

-Mike Alich

--