Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:59:58 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp-master.freebsd.org is alive ...

The big problem is how to fill it such that it contains as close as possible
to the original file set.  I have been picking up bits and pieces from most
of the main mirrors that have reasonably fast transfer rates and will do a
final complete pass when the bulk of the files have been gathered.

The intent is to provide (preferably) rsyncd access for all the primary
mirrors around the place, and probably also ftpd as a fallback for systems
that cannot (or will not) run rsync for some reason.

What is a good complete mirror that I can look at as a guide?

Secondly, does anybody in the bay area have a reasonably complete and
accurate mirror?  (heck, even 50% complete would be better than nothing
as long as the timestamps and layout was accurate).  I would like to try
and arrange a local ethernet transfer if possible.

ftp-master is currently sitting with the freebsd cluster in the silicon
valley area (Santa Clara to be specific).  I'm willing to take it (or
another machine with sufficient space) just about anywhere in the bay area
to get a faster copy.

Any other suggestions or advice would be welcome too.  I have not been
following this list, but I did take a glance over the archives.

Cheers,
-Peter