Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:09:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Alternative to crashdump?

I have a 7.0 server which crashes every now and then and it always seems to happen when its unattended. Also, crashdump doesn't work reliably on the MB, so thats not an option either without a lot of work I don't have time for.

Is there a way to get ddb to save the crash trace and then reboot? I just really need to crashpoint and get the trace. Even just the crash point would be very useful. I can't have it drop into the keyboard for half the night, or to reboot and lose the info.

Barney