Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:28:48 +0100
From:      Karel Miklav <karel@lovetemple.net>
To:        Krzysztof Kowalik <kkowalik@uci.agh.edu.pl>,  freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Instalation problem on ThinkPad X40 without peripherials

Krzysztof Kowalik wrote:
> Did you consider PXE-booting it and then installing from an FTP
> source? That's what I did on my X40 and it worked fine.

Thank you very much for your suggestion Krzysztof. That was my
plan B, as it looked rather complicated.

I created a 248MB virtual disk, installed FreeBSD on it via QEMU
and then dd it to the USB memory stick. I was able to boot my X40
from this stick, devices were recognized, everything looked great.
So I run sysinstall and started FTP installation to ThinPad disk's
second slice.

I don't know exactly what went wrong, but after reboot there was
no FreeBSD on any slice of ad0 :) I'll try my luck tomorrow.

--

Regards,
Karel Miklav