Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:27:33 -0800
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        dan@langille.org
Subject:   aalib build fails - autoconf?

Aalib fails to build.  I can't fathom why:

./aclocal.m4:39: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
acoldnames.m4:86: AM_PROG_INSTALL is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:39: the top level
autoconf: tracing failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /u/ports/graphics/aalib/work/aalib-1.2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /u/ports/graphics/aalib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /u/ports/graphics/aalib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /u/ports/graphics/aalib.

I am not the first to experience this, see also:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=freebsd+ports+aalib+undefined+macro:+_m4_divert_diversion&hl=en&rnum=1&selm=a08fo0%248sb%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw

I found another post where someone couldn't build GIMP on one box, but
could on the other, because there were two different version of
autoconf:

0-23:26 dannyman@dell ~> pkg_info | grep autoconf
autoconf-2.52_2     Automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms
autoconf213-2.13.000227_1 Automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms

That is weird.  Should I squish one of these?

Thanks,
-danny