Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 2008 07:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      erpa1119 <erpa1119@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wireless help

I am completely new to linux and need help with wireless connectivity.
I have installed freebsd 6.3-RELEASE

I have a toshiba satellite 1005-s157 with a dlink gs630 pcmcia card
and a linksys wr54g wireless router.
ifconfig shows status: associated but I cannot ping anything other
than the static IP address that I gave to the wireless card.

The card is known working, the AP is known working.
I do not have DHCP running on the AP and simply assign IP's to all of
my boxes when I first bring them online.

topology:
wall-->bellsouth router-->linksys AP
linksys has a static IP of 192.168.1.3
bellsouth router has a static IP of 192.168.1.254

I have added a default route by running the following.
route add default 192.168.1.254

I also ran this
ifconfig ath0 ssid "MYAPNAMEHERE" wepmode on weptxkey "MYPASSPHRASE"

ifconfig ath0 list scan shows the AP that I am trying to connect
through and shows CAPS of EP only.

The Question is:
How am I associated with the AP but cannot ping anything other than
localhost, 127.0.0.1 and the static IP address that I gave the card?

All pings except to localhost or 127 or my static ip result in a host
down message

contents of /etc/resolv.conf

search .
nameserver 205.xxx.xxx.xxx