Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:05:50 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
To:        Doc Team <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Charter for freebsd-arch?

eresources/chapter.sgml in Handbook says like this.  But a question
like "How do I write a network driver?" is not suitable for this ML?

-----
	<varlistentry>
	  <term>FREEBSD-ARCH</term>

	  <listitem>
	    <para><emphasis>Architecture and design
		discussions</emphasis></para>

	    <para>This is a moderated list for discussion of FreeBSD
	      architecture.  Messages will mostly be kept technical in nature,
	      with (rare) exceptions for other messages the moderator deems
	      need to reach all the subscribers of the list.  Examples of
	      suitable topics;</para>

	    <itemizedlist>
	      <listitem>
		<para>How to re-vamp the build system to have several
		  customized builds running at the same time.</para>
	      </listitem>

	      <listitem>
		<para>What needs to be fixed with VFS to make Heidemann layers
		  work.</para>
		</listitem>

	      <listitem>
		<para>How do we change the device driver interface to be able
		  to use the ame drivers cleanly on many buses and
		  architectures?</para>
	      </listitem>

	      <listitem>
		<para>How do I write a network driver?</para>
	      </listitem>
	    </itemizedlist>

	    <para>The moderator reserves the right to do minor editing
	      (spell-checking, grammar correction, trimming) of messages that
	      are posted to the list.  The volume of the list will be kept
	      low, which may involve having to delay topics until an active
	      discussion has been resolved.</para>
	  </listitem>
	</varlistentry>
-----