Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 10:40:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        jfassad@domain.com.br (Joao Assad)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP with asus C-P6ND

Joao Assad wrote...
> Greetings,
>

> I have a ppro with an asus C-P6ND mainboard...

You mean you have a P/I-P65UP5 with a C-P6ND daughtercard.

> I wanna configure FreeBSD to use SMP but I have
> no Idea of what values I should put in :
>
> options         NCPU=5                  # number of CPUs
> options         NBUS=5                  # number of busses
> options         NAPIC=2                 # number of IO APICs
> options         NINTR=25                # number of INTs

You should run the following command:

mptable -dmesg -verbose

It will print out the config file options you should use between the
mptable output and the dmesg output.  I think you should just be able to
run with SMP and APIC_IO.  If that doesn't work, here's what I've got for
my board:  (it's the same motherboard you have)

options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
options         APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O
options         NCPU=2                  # number of CPUs
options         NBUS=3                  # number of busses
options         NAPIC=1                 # number of IO APICs
options         NINTR=24                # number of INTs

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com