Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:40:47 +0200
From:      "Andre Rikkert de Koe" <andre@rikkertdekoe.nl>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Fw: ports/120757: New port: www/joomla15 Stable 1.5 version of the Joomla CMS

Hi Freebsd-porters,

I have a question about the New-port procedure.

On 17 feb I created this port
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=120757 , hoping to see it soon in
the official FreeBSD ports tree. I tested the port against the rules in the
FreeBSD porters handbook so I knew it worked completely (on my freebsd
platform).

After that there were several things happening (and not happening) :
- First weeks nothing, nobody to pick it up in the audit trail ..
- Than somebody else who also created a port for the same joomla15 software.
- Than some "miwi@FreeBSD.org" who made himself responsible for the port on
7 march.
- After a while I noticed that a non working FreeBSD port joomla15 which was
not my version, was committed :-?
- I emailed him for question how to help to commit the port and I was
anwered that I had to wait for a while.
- Now I got this email, that another submitted the same software before the
procedure to commit my port was finished.

My question : can I get the right to commit a port myself or is there any
other way to have some more influence on getting the port commited ? There's
lots of other nice software to be ported in the future, but I'd like to see
my port actually appear in the FreeBSD ports tree.

Thanks

Andre