Date:      22 Oct 99 09:31:15 -0500
From:      rad2921@cup.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mitsumi CD-ROM drive.

Ok, I am having a problem getting my Mitsumi ATAPI IDE CD-ROM drive to work
correctly.  I have it installed on my secondary master IDE controller.  For some reason
the ONLY CD drive that will make my CD-ROM drive functional is the device acd0.
This is a problem because it thinks that I have a CD-R/RW drive (which I don't).  I've
tried controller wcd0, device mcd0, and anything else that I could think of.  But nothing
works in regard to properly loading my CD-ROM drive with the correct devices,
controllers, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim Radigan