Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:22:28 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to handle forthcoming PR originator e-mail address

On 2007-03-29 23:40, Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua> wrote:
>On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>> I'm an originator of 4 open PRs and 9 closed ones. My e-mail address
>>> will change soon. How should I handle the change to stay reachable
>>> for people working on PRs? Sorry to bother the list with
>>> (seems-to-be) a trivial question, I can't find reply in PR-related
>>> articles.
>>
>> Point me to the PRs and I will use pr-edit to fix the email address.
>
>   Thank you, Gabor Kovesdan has already done it.

Nice.

>> This can also be done by any FreeBSD committer with ssh access to the
>> FreeBSD cluster.
>
> I just thought that some kind of automatic tool should exist to
> accomplish originator's e-mail change. After all, people _do_ change
> their e-mails sometimes...

Not really.  Gnats is very flexible in this; it allows manual editing of
the bug report itself.  This is also one of its relatively annoying
'flaws' though.  Care must be taken when bug reports are manually
modified by a committer, and there are not very many tools to automake
stuff like what you wanted to do.

Anyway, I'm glad this has been resolved now :)