Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:24:36 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Hello,

I'm now and than in the need of discussing CUPS / Postscript related
printing questions. In the past there was www.cups.org with a CUPS
related bug tracking system and user forums around CUPS. It seems that
the server crashed some time ago and it's unknown when (and how) it will
come back to life. Even when, it seems that some important part of CUPS
(the text filters) is split away to the 'open printing folks', and I'm
unsure if the forums will cover the full tool chain: from the file,
through the job scheduler, filters, backend and printer device.

That's why I wanted to ask, what about our own mailing list like
freebsd-printing@ ?

Even in the new age of colourful images, printing is essential for
servers, and sometimes a tough job.

Comments?

	matthias
--