Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:27:42 -0600
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw broken? ...

I've got a 2.2.7-stable machince acting as a router.

I'm using ipfw to count traffic + do antispoofing on each interface.

it seems that ipfw count seems confused, ie ipfw -a l shows

02000          0          0 count ip from any to any via de2

yet i'm see packets going in and out via tcpdump.  Similar on other
interfaces.

Accuracy of packet accounting is important to me since I pay per packet....

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +403 413 1910	  Fax: +403 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)