Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:27:37 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Chris Howells <lists@chrishowells.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Should I upgrade to 4.9?

--8vCeF2GUdMpe9ZbK

I wrote the above, not "dragoncrest".  Please don't mung attributions :)

> Considering that security fixes will be back ported to the 4.8 branch,
> your comment doesn't make much sense. Keep it at 4.8, there's probably
> nothing really useful in 4.9, and you just risk breaking more stuff.

Except I didn't say that.  What I asked was whether considerations
like security advisories make it worthwhile for the OP to upgrade.
For example, if they are running stock 4.8-R, there are several
serious vulnerabilities on their system, and upgrading in some form is
recommended.

Kris

--8vCeF2GUdMpe9ZbK

--8vCeF2GUdMpe9ZbK--