Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:27:08 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.9-PRERELEASE wedges on reboot

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 07:40:01PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>In message: <20030922000111.GZ91404@gsmx07.alcatel.com.au>
>            Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au> writes:
>: As I just mentioned in private mail, I got the previous date wrong.
>: The previous kernel was about 2nd September and had a similar failure
>: but at a later stage in the boot sequence.  The kernel before that
>: (which rebooted successfully) was 4.8-RC1 from about 16th March.  If
>: necessary, I might be able to do a binary search tonight.
>
>Yes.  Binary search would be very helpful.

I think my modem card has died.  I reverted back to a backup of a
kernel that I know used to work and it now hangs during boot.  I even
tried reverting /boot/loader and friends on the offchance they were
upsetting something.

I'll see if I can find another DF5660 at work to double check, but
at this stage, I'd say it's a hardware fault rather than a bug in
FreeBSD.

Apologies for the false alarm.

Peter