Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 22:21:26 +0100
From:      "Lutz Rabing" <LutzRab@omc.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewall route add / Cisco

Hi all!

This is not exactly a FreeBSD question. However, we use a FreeBSD firewall
and have FreeBSD customer servers behind it ...

The problem is to assign a /24 to a customer server with:
  route add -net 1.2.3.0/24 -interface xl1

I can't do that because I have to leave one IP address of the /24 on the
cisco. e.g.:
  customer-server: 62.62.62.2 .. 62.62.62.254
  cisco          : 62.62.62.1

Does someone know how to alias a /24 to the cisco router without assigning
an IP to it? I checked the cisco docs, but did not find a clue.

Thanks,
Lutz Rabing
-OMCnet Internet service GmbH-

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,