Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:38:54 -0600
From:      Barry Pederson <bp@barryp.org>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS and FAULTED devices (corrupted data),	can't make the pool ONLINE again

Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 10:08:05AM +0100, Attila Nagy wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> FreeBSD RELENG_7, x86, a terrible disk array, called Promise RM-8000
>> with 8 disks on an ahc.
>> The pool is a RAIDZ2.
>> Tomorrow the array went crazy (its firmware is a total crap), so I had
>> to reboot both the machine and the disk array.
>>

> You should use:
>
> 	# zpool replace people da3 da3
>
> but to do it, you need this patch, which was not yet MFCed:
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/vdev.c.diff?r1=1.3;r2=1.4

I had a drive in a raidz2 pool fail, and wasn't able to replace it until
rebuilding the kernel (7.0beta3) with the above patch.  I'm just
mentioning this as a worksforme kind of thing.

I'm rebuilding today with RELENG_7_0 and saw that the patch still
applied cleanly, so I'm assuming it's still necessary.  I hope it or
something similar gets merged in.  Or at least maybe the ZFS wiki could
have a list of recommended patches?

	Barry