Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2013 08:17:32 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: "disappearing" ath(4)

Hi

so as I said to glen on IRC.

The first possible issue here is that the NIC just disappears for some
reason and all register reads are 0xffffffff. it's not that.

The second possibility is that it's asleep - and no, NIC reads aren't
showing 0xdeadc0de, 0xdeadbeef, etc. So no, it's not that.

The fact that calibration fails like it does tends to indicate there's
some kind of noise spur from somewhere that's pissing the NIC off.
It's difficult to establish that without writing code to do
capture/dump the raw ADC samples.

He's also recently opened up his laptop and fiddled around.

he's going off to do some more testing.

-a