Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 16:32:51 -0800
From:      "Eric C. S. Dynamic" <ecsd@transbay.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a number of random questions.

> > 2. I've heard that Alpha is now supported. Yes? Up to 600MHz?
>
> no
> you're thinking of NetBSD

That's too bad. Supposedly only the kernel should care?
Has anyone expressed an interest in doing a port?
We were gung-ho about advertising a 600MHz FreeBSD Alpha machine
(not to mention running such ourselves.)
Perhaps the alpha kernel code can be ported from NetBSD?

> > 7. Whatever happened to 'units'?
> eh?

'units' was/is a program that did unit conversions ... e.g.

# units

You have: 50 kg
You want: lb

110

Like that. But it knew a lot of physical conversions, like gauss and
lumens and other abstruse things.
It was there when I was at TFS.