Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:57:04 +0000
From:      "Long Story" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound problem, help.

hello Everyone,

  Well, i dunt know if this is a strange problem, or only strange for me.

  Im on FreeBSD 5.1R, with kde3.3, i have read the handbook
  about enabling the sound support, and it says for 5.x systems
  we need to compile the kernel with  options sound..!
  when i do try that it gives me error that (sound) is not regonized!
  so i recompiled with options pcm!
  cdcontrol comand works from command line, and when i startx
  my kde, there is NO sound and it gives me an error says
  "aRts controll" error, or aRts server error. and it had to restart.

   do i need to add any more lines to my kernel?
   Why sound not working under KDE?
   any hint please?

   this is the sound output from pciconf

   pcm0@pci0:31:5: class=0x040100 card=0x32dd4005 chip=0x24458086 rev=0x12
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    device   = '82801BA/BAM (ICH2/ICH2-M) AC'97 Audio Controller'
    class    = multimedia
    subclass = audio

  Thanks much in advance.
  marwan