Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:01:08 +0700 (ICT)
From:      User & <tarika@prime.oaep.go.th>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   can not print embedded dot ps image

hi,

i face a big problem now and really need your help.

i prepare my document with latex and do a divps -o mydoc.ps mydoc.dvi to get a
postscript format file.

i use apsfilter to set up my printer, HP Laserjet 6P, for printing the
postscript file. and it works for a long time.

my document contains a figure that i convert from .gif to .eps with ImageMagic.
a month ago, i could print out my document with the printer attached to my
machine but today i could not produce another copy of my document from the same
printer,  just only a page that contain an embedded figure, the rest of
document is ok.

what i get, from a printer,  is

PCL XL error
        Subsystem:      IMAGE
        Error:          MissingData
        Operator:       ReadImage
        Position:       some number like 2 or 7

this is very big problem to me.

would you please give me some suggestions on this problem ?

many thanks in advance

with regards,
pirat sriyotha
tarika@ibm.net