Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:30:22 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        "Ogren, Eric C." <ecogren@rsasecurity.com>
Cc:        "'Nik Clayton'" <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Page for doc contributors?

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 03:12:41PM -0400, Ogren, Eric C. wrote:
> OK. I got the impression from a thread a couple of months ago (whose
> name I can't remember) that we were trying to reduce/remove all of
> those intro blurbs. If that's not the case, then nevermind. :)

We are, but we're trying to replace it with the correct DocBook markup so
the 'blurb' can be generated (or supressed, or used to generate a big
"Table of contributors") automatically.

Sadly, I haven't written the DSSSL to do this (Formatting Barbie: DSSSL is
hard), and neither has anyone else. . .

>  This does still leave the FAQ though; do we want to include
> "This question submitted by X" at the bottom of a bunch of questions
> if somebody puts it there (I don't know if anybody does this or not),

I'd really rather not.  I'm still somewhat put out by dcs' insistence on
a 'copyright' notice on the "How many committers does it take to screw
in a lightbulb" question in there.

Speaking of which, does anyone want to go out and do an indepth look at
the various 'open source' documentation licenses out there?