Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:40:22 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        Thomas Runge <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun JDK 1.2.2 _Final_ for Linux

--------------7CB2DE470F198031865AD314

Seems I have the Linux expr binary!

   bash-2.03$ ls /compat/linux/usr/bin/expr
   /compat/linux/usr/bin/expr
   bash-2.03$

But it just doesn't get started? Perhaps the script should be marked as
`linux' somehow? Because it is the script that is called, and how should
FreeBSD know that the script assumes Linux?

Ernst

Thomas Runge wrote:

> Ernst de Haan wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > Would u know where to actually `get' the expr file? And what version would
> > I need? The one that comes with RedHat 6.1? Is there a `FreeBSD-way' of
> > doing this? Shouldn't it just come with the linux_base 6.1 port?
>
> Well, I don't know much about the linux_base-port(s). I installed
> it some time ago and IIRC, I manually added some files from some
> location and don't remember, from which distribution.
> But I can send you "mine" linux-expr, which seems to depend on
> glibc-2.
>
> --
> Tom

--------------7CB2DE470F198031865AD314

begin:vcard
n:de Haan;Ernst
tel;fax:+31 (0)26 3645634
tel;work:+31 (0)26 3623895
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.znerd.demon.nl/
org:Jollem
adr:;;Rozendaalselaan 35;Velp;GLD;6881 KZ;Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:ernst@jollem.com
title:Java Architect
fn:Ernst de Haan