Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:55:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Britton Johnson <johnson@lindenwood.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with sendmail/MX settings

--LAA00193.898792401/home.macross.net

Hello all,

	I am running 2.2.6 with bind 4.9.6 and the default sendmail.  I
think I may have a very basic problem here, with an easy fix except I'm
not that familiar with the inner workings of sendmail.  What I am trying
to set up is a way to have the mail sent to just my domain name to go to
one host.  I set up the MX record like this:

macross.net.        IN      NS      ns.macross.net.
macross.net.        IN      NS      ns1.macross.net.

ns      IN      A       199.217.200.30
ns1     IN      A       199.217.200.31
home    IN      A       199.217.200.32

macross.net.    IN      MX      50      home.macross.net.

Now.  Here is what I get if I send a message to johnson@macross.net: