Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:14:22 -0400
From:      Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cmp(1) warns patch

Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
> It would be great if we had the "largest [un]signed int type" typedef'ed
> somehow to make such conversions possible.

Yes, C99 has the intmax_t type available.  I had intended to work on
bringing in some of the C99 work from NetBSD, but David had asked me
to hold off until GCC 3 was in the tree.  Since he is no longer
maintaining GCC, this would probably be a good time for me to start
working on the patchset again.

Best regards,
Mike Barcroft