Date:      Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:02:08 -0700
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        John Oxley <john@yoafrica.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Software RAID-1 - Swap partition

John Oxley wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I followed http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/mirror/ to create a software
>RAID mirror.  I have two 75G drives in the machine.  I allocated 74G to
>the filesystem on each drive and 1 G to swap.  When I blanked ad1 and
>created ad1s1, I didn't notice that it had taken up the whole of the
>drive.  Can I shrink the mirror partition and have two swap partitions,
>or if that is not possible, how would I go about creating a "mirrored"
>swap partition?

Your swap partition ought to be mirrored already.  From a similar system:

0-11:01 djh@castor ~> swapinfo
Device          1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity
/dev/mirror/gm0s1b   4167488        0  4167488     0%
0-11:01 djh@castor ~> grep swap /etc/fstab
/dev/mirror/gm0s1b      none            swap    sw              0       0

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/