Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:16:09 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        FreeBSD Arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Retiring WITH_INSTALL_AS_USER

Greetings,

I=92d like to retire WITH_INSTALL_AS_USER. Brooks=92 NO_ROOT (which I=92m =
also converting to WITHOUT_ROOT) is much better. WITH_INSTALL_AS_USER is =
broken. First, it requites you also define NO_FSCHG. Second, any =
Makefile that overrides the owner and also has to include src.opts.mk =
early to check options fails. It has been broken for some time (even =
before my conversion to src.opts.mk, since bsd.own.mk included earlier =
before would cause this). This isn=92t hard to fix (just tedious), but =
given the better solution we already have in the tree, it seems the best =
thing to do is to just kill it since its day has passed.

Comments?

Warner=