Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:22:45 +0000
From:      Otter <otterr@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE driver bug

don't think that your cries aren't heard, but unless you're programming
on that driver with no success, don't bitch too much. no, i'm not a
programmer either, but this operating system has a helluva lot more
perks than some of the others... not to mention, for a much smaller
cost.  ok, is this your one big bitch? go tell the bosses that if they
are THAT serious about the dependability and performance of hard drives,
go with scsi drives. they'll perform better (and last longer, from my
experience). buying good hardware is still cheaper than what many
companies (including where i'm employed) are spending on software these
days.
-Otter
*stepping down from the scsi-3 soapbox*