Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:12:51 +0100
From:      Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr>
To:        committers@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppbus in 4.0-stable? (was: Re: 4.0 code freeze scheduled for Jan 15th)

Hi committers!

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 11:44:06AM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>And given that we've already slipped from December 15th, I think you
>can treat this as a pretty hard deadline, to be further slipped only
>grudgingly and in response to clear and dire need.
>
>10 days, folks!  Make 'em count.. :)

As usual, the last wheel of the coach: ppbus. You may or may not know
new-ppbus is now available for the newbus interfaces. It would make it
really easier to maintain it if submitted before the -stable jump.

http://www.freebsd.org/~nsouch/ppbus.html

reports the improvements. Regression tests shows the newppbus is quite
solid... but now I can't rely on a wild commit which would force everybody
to test it :)

So, please try it! And we'll decide.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being so late :(

Nicholas.

--
nsouch@free.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org