Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 01:06:17 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Talking to a Linux User Group

It's over. I survived.  Several (I guess 5-7) came to me after the talk
and thanked me. One said he was glad to see some of the myths about BSD
dispelled.  After the talk, all 45 CDs I had were gone.

The talk is at http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/talks/ (it's the oclug one).
Feel free to use it.  Just credit me and the people I credit within the
talk.

The main point of the presentation was:

- There are more similarities between BSD and Linux than there are
  differences
- You will like the similarities
- You will like the differences

In short, they  were told that BSD has everything you already use.  And
here's what other Linux users liked about BSD and what they missed about
Linux.

I had fun creating the slides and a good time during the talk.  And I'm
willing to travel to give the talk elsewhere... Given it's January in
Ottawa, and the 7s are on in early Feb in Wellington, that would be a
prime location....

Thanks to Wind River for supplying the CDs.  I'll be asking at next
month's meeting how many people took CDs, how many tried installing, how
many installed, how many are still installed, how many are still running
it.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples