Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:03:31 +0300
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@teledome.gr>
To:        "vola" <huko8@volja.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ata controller problem

You should try to disable ata dma. Press any key(besides enter)  when you
see the following message:
Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.

then type
set hw.ata.ata_dma=0
boot

That should fix -I mean you 'll be able to boot your system- the problem, but
disk access will be slower without DMA and will be using much CPU power.
Then you can provide more info using dmesg and pciconf -lv and get more help.

Cheers. NikV