Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:20:47 +0000
From:      loader <loader@freebsdmall.com>
To:        Rink Springer <rink@stack.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, xbox-linux-devel@lists.sourceforge.net, ed@fxq.nl
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ported to the XBox!

Rink Springer <rink@stack.nl> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Over the last 2 weeks, I have been working on a port of FreeBSD for the
> XBox. During this effort, Ed Schouten has given me assistance by
> reviewing patches and giving advice.

Great, thanks for your work.

I got my XBOX with an Aladdin modchip. Today I downloaded the LiveCD
and tried to boot from it, but failed. (I don't have the Cromwell BIOS
installed on my XBOX ). Then I booted XBOX with GentooX install CD (Home edition),
and replaced GentooX CD with FreeBSD XBOX live CD after it booted into
GentooX Loader, selected CD option, then the XBOX was try to boot from it,
I can see there's four choices (FreeBSD 5.4 ... CD/HDD,
FreeBSD 6.0-BETA1 ... CD/HDD). I tried all of them, it just stopped there,
it didn't show any FreeBSD boot messages.

Thank you for portting FreeBSD to XBOX. XD

Regards,
loader