Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:26:57 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freezing or stalling current system

Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:20:49AM +0200, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>> I'm sort of assuming that the bge0: timeouts and coalesced links are due
>> to the freezing.
>>

> Does the following help?

Just a little...
It now takes a little longer for the system to freeze, but eventally it
will.
The coalesced messages did not return.

Just out of curiosity is also plugged in an fxp-card.
And there it takes even longer for the system to freeze, but in the end
it does freeze.

The "funny" part is it once in a while is revivable by going into the
kernel-debugger and then just continue.
Sometimes a long wait (10 sec) will suffice, during which there is no
keyboard response what so ever.
But on other instances the system is dead in the water, and only a
hardware reset gets it back.

Something I'm still wondering if this only is with NFS traffic, or with
all other types of network traffic. But I haven't tested thids.

--WjW