Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:59:46 +0800 (PHT)
From:      "Francis A. Vidal" <francis@usls.edu>
To:        Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Invalid partition table?

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Ludwig Pummer wrote:

> > the reason why i want to create two fbsd slices on one hard drive is that
> > i want to make use of the excess space on da0 for the vinum volume.
>
> Glad to see that you've fixed your problem, but I felt like telling
> you that vinum will quite happily use a partition inside your FreeBSD
> slice, so there's no need to make 2 slices.

yes, i realized that after re-installing FreeBSD again on the machine :)
the `partition' and `slice' terms just confused me but everything's clear
now.

i'm building a mail server that i want to be scalable so i need not worry
about adding space to the mail spool. vinum really solves problem of
scalability and management.

--
francis vidal   university of st. la salle, bacolod city, philippines
. . . . . . .   PGP key available via e-mail / subject: get PGP key