Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:16:10 +0000
From:      Chrisy Luke <chrisy@flix.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@vicor-nb.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: ipfirewall_forward patch

Julian Elischer wrote (on Nov 15):
> Oops   forgot the patch.. here it is...

I almost replied to the first - too quick off the mark!

My fault. I was being lazy when I wrote it. :)

> > This patch would allow a sequence of mchines to hijack
> > a particular conforming packet and pass it allong a chain of
> > these machine sot make it fall out somewhere else..

It looks good. The ipfw syntax doesn't quite make sense to me.
Also, are you requiring that they all be on the same ipfw rule number?

Writing a script to probe a serving host and alter ipfw rules could be
done seamlessly if they were on seperate ipfw rules.

With a similar trick to move aliases around on a primary ether port,
it's going to be a doddle to setup a clustered-transparent loadbalancer
in FreeBSD now. Neat. :)

Cheers,
Chris.
--
== chris@easynet.net                                    T: +44 845 333 0122
== Global IP Network Engineering, Easynet Group PLC     F: +44 845 333 0122