Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 2010 00:13:07 -0600
From:      "Erich Jenkins, Fuujin Group Ltd" <erich@fuujingroup.com>
To:        pyunyh@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Evgenii Davidov <dado@korolev-net.ru>
Subject:   Re: Broadcom BCM5701 / HP  NC6770

Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 02:13:00AM -0600, Erich Jenkins, Fuujin Group Ltd wrote:
>> Evgenii Davidov wrote:
>>> Здравствуйте,

>>> sorry for silly ansver but is your interface UP ? (ifconfig bge0 up)
>>>
>> Actually, I was silly for not mentioning that in the original post, but
>> yes, it's up. I've even tried up/down/up on the card a few times after
>> fiddling with the driver knobs, but the same thing happened, no link on
>> the switch.
>>
>> I've also tested this back-to-back with two machines and the same cards.
>> Same result: no transmission of data. Interestingly enough, the link
>> lite is lit on the cards (in back-to-back) and on the card but not the
>> switch. Not sure if that's significant or not. In the interest if
>> completeness, here's ifconfig output for that card:
>>
>> bge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
>>         options=9b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM>
>>         ether 00:08:02:28:76:4d
>>         inet 10.222.222.144 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.222.222.255
>>         media: Ethernet 1000baseSX <full-duplex>
>>         status: active
>>
>> I also verified the MTU size to ensure the switch ports weren't
>> configured for jumbo frames. They are correctly set on the switch and on
>> the FreeBSD box, but no traffic flows.
>>

> Would you try booting to latest 7.3-RELEASE and check whether you
> still see the issue?
> If you see the same issue please show me verbose boot message of
> bge(4) and its PHY driver.

Just finished the install, and ended up with the same result. I
installed OpenBSD on this box just to be sure there wasn't something
unrelated to the driver causing the issue. OpenBSD works fine.

Where to from here?

Erich M. Jenkins
Fuujin Group Limited

"You should never, never doubt what no one is sure about."
-- Gene Wilder