Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:05:47 -0800
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        Mans Joling <M.Joling@caiw.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: install problem

I'm not certain that cylinders translate to MB in that fashion.  I believe I had
a disk set up with a 700 MB FAT16 partition then FreeBSD, but I'm not certain.
At any rate you'll need to wipe out the extended partition or get an extended
partition shrinker, so it won't hurt to install just the bin distribution and
see if it boots.  If it does you won't have to go through reinstalling Winblows.

You can set up your partition table as such:
1) FreeBSD
2) DOS Primary (C)
3) DOS Extended (with two logical drives D & E)

Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu

P.S. Please reply to the list next time.