Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 17:15:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Hormann <ghormann@nix.kconline.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Connecting to Sybase

I need a way of connecting our FreeBSD webserver to a Sybase Database
(running on a Sun).  I was hoping to use a perl script and Sybperl, but it
apears that Sybperl needs Sybase to be installed on the local machine (or
at least some of the libraries from the Sybase server).

I believe there is something called OpenClient which is normal installed
on a machine to allow it to connect to a remote Sybase server.  Anybody
know of anything like this for FBSD?  Where would I find such a product?

Thanks,

Greg.

Greg Hormann
ghormann@indiana.edu