Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:44:43 -0500
From:      "Richard Cotrina" <rcc@demo.telefonica.com.pe>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   tftpd put error message

Hi all,

I am in troubles trying to set up a tftp server in a 3.3-STABLE box. I need
it because i would like to backup cisco router's images.

My inetd.conf have the line :

tftp    dgram    udp    wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd    tftpd -s
/tftpboot

I also put 777 mode to /tftpboot directory.

The matter is that I can not write anything in the tftp directory. It gives
me just the following message when I try to do this:

$ ls
file.c
$tftp localhost
tftp>
tfp > put file.c
Error code 1: File not found

I also have tried to download an existing file form the tftp directory, and
I had no problems.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance,

Richard