Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2009 08:56:20 -0400 (AST)
From:      Andrew Wright <andrew@qemg.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Descripton of MFC in release process?

Dear Doc'ers;

I was just trying to clarify my understanding of the FreeBSD
release process, and in particular when and for what purpose
MFC requests occur.

If one searches for MFC on the main website, one finds such
links as:

 	http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.0R/approvals.html

 	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pr-guidelines/pr-lifecycle.html

 	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pr-guidelines/pr-states.html

This looks well and good until one actually examines the pages --
the second two do not contains the text "MFC" in the body at all,
and the first one has only a link named "MFC" referring to the
miscellaneous questions page:
 	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#DEFINE-MFC
that in turn does not actually define MFC (any more, although
I think that once upon a time it may have).

So two questions:
 	- do we have a nice definition of the MFC process (possibly in
 	  a larger release process doc of which I am unaware)?

 	- where should we put a link to this so that it can be found
 	  more easily?

Thanks,
Andrew.