Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2003 13:47:39 -0700
From:      Mike Hunter <mhunter@ack.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell D800 ACPI Issues

> I will follow-up this post with some results of acpiconf...but I want to
> send this first because I seem to remember that it makes my computer crash
> :)

Here are some results:

The computer does not crash when I close the lid, but the lcd does not
turn off.

acpiconf -s 5 works (soft off)
acpiconf -s 4 and 3 don't work.  Devices detach, and the computer goes
half-comatose:  I can switch around vtys but the login process (and/or
getty) doesn't seem to be running.

Power profiles seem to work

My goal is to get the lcd to turn off when I close the lid...anything more
than that would be great too.

Thanks,

Mike