Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2006 01:30:49 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Chris <eagletree@hughes.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 6.x hangs on AMD64 again

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 09:16:02AM -0800, Chris wrote:
> I've posted several questions (under two other ids though the name =20
> Chris)
> since March trying to put up a Tyan quad dual s4882. I've run it on 6.0
> STABLE as of about March, 6.1 RELEASE in several flavors from May
> through September and finally 6.2 PRERELEASE as of mid-October. I
> found issues early on with transition states on the bge interface, found
> a memory chip that was marginal and have tested and tested throughout
> this period. Every time we place the system back in production, we see a
> hang without any indications of what the problem would be, after 4-7 =20
> days
> of running.

If your system is hanging then you need to configure additional
debugging to figure out the cause.  Read the chapter on kernel
debugging the developers handbook; without this information no
developer can help you.

Kris

P.S. In my testing SMP amd64 is quite stable even under exceptionally
heavy loads, so it's either something related to your hardware or your
particular workload.

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--