Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:16:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kerberos integration into ports--in particular, SSH

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Robert Watson wrote:

> It looks like many ports still don't use PAM for authentication.  This is
> not something I have time to address, it's just a comment that it would be
> nice if now that we have PAM, things used PAM :-).

I agree. Do you have a (partial) list of ports which can support this?

> Also, it's a little funky to have an /etc/auth.conf and a
> /etc/pam.conf -- auth.conf seems only to affect su?

/etc/auth.conf is vestigial, I think. auth_list seems to duplicate the
function of /etc/pam.conf, and the commented-out auth_default line (which
is no longer valid - the auth_default stuff was removed) should be
replaced by a login capability.

> The real gist of my email is that I'd like to see the K4 patches
> incorporated into the SSH port when the user has K4 enabled into
> /etc/make.conf, or if they give a particular command line argument.  The
> SSH K4 patches (with AFS, etc) are found at:

Did you suggest this to the maintainer (torstenb@FreeBSD.org)? Seems like
it can't hurt.

Kris