Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:08:11 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Baldarelli Gian-Carlo <gbalda@bigway.glomanet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, andreas@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TACACS problem

first of all ... exactly _what_ tacacs version are you referring to ?
Is it the new F4.0.4.alpha ?

I didn't test it. Other people currently using it send me a patch.
So I know its in use and works.

Are you really sure, that you configured everything o.k. ?

What did you do concerning troubleshooting ?

Did you make sure packets arrive on the FreeBSD server ?
Use tcpdump or ethereal to check ...

Did you inspect log files indicating trouble ?

Did you increase verbosity level of tacacs server ?

Did you check, that tacacs service is up and running ?

Did you check, that tacacs actually use your config file ?

BTW, I'm ill, don't expect too much from me ...

Please check the above, I'm no seer ;-)

--
Andreas Klemm                                           Powered by FreeBSD SMP
Songs from our band >>64Bits<<............http://www.apsfilter.org/64bits.html