Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:23:53 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Shikoff <minotaur@crete.org.ua>
Cc:        scheidell@secnap.net, freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.subr in 6.2 RELEASE

Alexander Shikoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I guess my issue is more related to this mailing list rather than to
> SpamAssassin one.

You could also have submitted your question to
freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, but there is nothing wrong with asking here. :)

> I use SpamAssassin built from ports tree on 6.2-RELEASE box.
> When debug is enabled via adding --debug flag to spamd_flags in rc.conf
> then rcNG script does not stop process:

It's not rcNG anymore, btw. We refer to it as rc.d now. And can you
send the output of 'grep spamd /etc/rc.conf*' please? I suspect that
your problem is the way that the default flags are specified in the
script. We have:

: ${spamd_flags="-c %%SQL_FLAG%% %%RUN_AS_USER%%"}

If you put:

spamd_flags="--debug" in /etc/rc.conf[.local], then you won't get
those default flags, and I suspect that is the cause of the problems
you're seeing.

For the maintainer, I wonder if it's possible for those default flags
to be added to command_args to avoid this issue?

hth,

Doug