Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:03:08 -0400
From:      Gary Schrock <root@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   unable to mount /home and ^D's on the screen

Anybody ever see this one before?

>It is unable to mount the /home directory.  The machine boots, then
>scrolls ^D's across the screen.  I can ctrl+c out of it and get to the
>prompt.  I ran fsck -y on it.  Errors are found and corrected, then it
>prompts to reboot.  After rebooting, it goes back into the same loop.

I tried looking through the archives and couldn't find anything about it.
The machine was running 2.2-stable that had been compiled from, hmm, as I
recall from sometime before the changes to mount were done.  (We have
limited access to the machine, so I hadn't wanted to cross that hurdle
until we had someone to do an upgrade on site).

Any thoughts on the cause and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Schrock
root@eyelab.msu.edu