Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 1996 12:20:36 -0700
From:      John Scharles <johns@cruz.isle.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD as telnet server

We have a dial up bbs running tbbs that we've been told will have to move
onto the internet soon, but we'll also have to keep the dial in
capabilities. Due to the nature of the system we have to stay with software
as it is, which means it doesn't run on a network, so (seemingly) the only
access to the internet seems to design a telnet server that would then
connect to the bbs through the serial ports. Could FreeBSD be set up so that
when someone telnetted to its address it would transfer through the serial
port and get the login screen from the bbs? (esoft has a rather expensive
box for tbbs that seems to allow this)

TIA
John Scharles