Date:      Sun, 04 Oct 1998 17:04:11 -0400
From:      Michael Graziano <mikeg@hoflink.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem installing 10/03 beta

When I tried to install from a DOS partition earlier today, the install
failed with the message:
Error mounting /dev/wd0s1 on /dist: Operation not supported by device
(19)

I also had this problem with the 09/28 beta.

I also had a problem with he 9/28 beta booting up on one of my
machines.  It booted fine here (where it was installed), but when I
moved the drive back to it's home machine it failed during the reboot,
right after fsck reported the free space on the root partition.
The messages there were

pid 10 (fsck), uid 0: exited on signal 10
Bus error
Unknown error in reboot

And then the system dropped to single-user mode.  fsck failed at the
same point when run manually.
The machine is an old 486 with a generic no-name IDE controller that has
worked fine with all previous releases and snaps of FreeBSD.

Any ideas?
-Mike