Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:28:50 -0700
From:      othermark <atkin901@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fixing out of order first fragment processing?

Maxim Konovalov wrote:
>> 2. are there workarounds/patches?
>
> First of all, I can't reproduce this behaviour.  "ping -c 1 -s 4500
> freebsd" from the linux produces a pseudo tcpdump liek below:

This turned out to a problem with having 'pf' installed on the
freebsd target.  I mis-assumed it had to do with the stack itself, but
turning on fragment re-assembly in pf 'fixed' the problem:

scrub in all random-id no-df fragment reassemble

Another -current box I just tested against linux re-assembles fine.

I was reasonably sure from doing some searches on the net that this
was a freebsd problem, but it turned out not to be.

Thanks for looking!
--
othermark
atkin901 at nospam dot yahoo dot com