Date:      Tue, 15 May 2012 22:12:18 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Lauren Scott <rsdocs2@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Article Inquiry

On Tue, 15 May 2012 12:33:15 -0700, Lauren Scott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if you would be able to help me locate a copy of the below
> article:
>
> "General Commands Manual for RDIST"
> June 3, 1993
> FreeBSD
>
> I appreciate any help you are able to provide.

Are you sure about the date? If I read /usr/share/misc/bsd-family-tree
correctly, FreeBSD 1.0 is of 1993-11-01 (newer than 1993-06-03, the
date you provided).

The rdist program isn't part of the FreeBSD OS, it is provided
as a port. However, the web manpage collection contains the
following manual:

FreeBSD General Commands Manual for RDIST
March 17, 1994
4.3 Berkeley Distribution

Source:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=44bsd-rdist&sektion=1&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+9.0-RELEASE+and+Ports